Monday, April 2, 2012

Procrastination

I have fought my whole life with procrastination. Deadlines are good for me because it forces me to finish things. I used to be the queen of procrastination but now I'm down to merely a lady in waiting.

When I was queen, I started many, many projects and finished few. Now I am finishing a myriad of partially completed projects as I find them. We crafters call these UFOs. UnFinished Objects.

This past weekend I had the flu or something like it. When I got totally sick of lying in bed and the headache had gone away, I decided to pick up a bag of cross stitch UFOs and finish one. This is the one I finished from back in the 80s. These little ones will all end up in a scrap quilt some day. It will take years to finish my UFOs but I'm working on them one stitch at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment